Matt's Reviews > Darkness Under the Sun

Darkness Under the Sun by Dean Koontz

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: ebooks
Read from October 24 to 25, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Spoilers are there and maybe a slight spoiler to the ending of WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS, but nothing really major.

A good introduction to the "bad guy" for the upcoming novel WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS. The first half was a little slow, but it got much better in the second half. The last two chapters allude to things that will happen in WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS and directly mentions a character or two that will appear in the full length novel.

My only problem is that the last chapter gives away some of the results to what would be the end of WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS. It kind of gives away that certain characters will survive and will kind of take away some of the suspense (a little bit)because you will know that these certain characters will survive. Unless the bit that is given away is not part of the final showdown in WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS. Won't know till we all read it.

UPDATE: After reading WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS it's confirmed to me what I was thinking about the end of this novella sort of spoiling the outcome of WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS. The last chapter of this novella does in fact happen after the events of the full length novel WHAT THE NIGHT KNOWS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Under the Sun.

10/25/2010

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Matt just made a slight update to this review