Heather's Reviews > The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

1205878
Nov 06, 10

Read from October 25 to November 05, 2010

As always, I'm impressed with amount of research Dan Brown obviously puts into his novels. I feel jaded though, I heard from a lot of people it was just "ok." So I can't decide if I can't get past that expectation, or if it really is mediocre. Although his other, non Robert Langdon books are equally "ok." Actually, the story is interesting. I'm amazed at the complexity of the history, geography and characters. But I wonder, does he really believe the stuff he writes? Fascinating though it may be, his arguments are weak in my mind. I have to expect heresy from his books, so I take it all with a grain of salt. I'm just here to be entertained. And I was, end of story. I can't derive any sort of additional deep meaning out of it, because for one thing, it's ridiculously wrong, and it doesn't always make much sense. I have to admit though, I'm getting a bit bored with the antagonist being some sort of crazy zealot. But who else would do the sort of thing that would cause a race against time to save some horribly incriminating bit of so-called truth from being exposed. Well if the formula works, hmm, but actually, in spite of the success of Robert Langdon's other adventures, the formula failed this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Symbol.