Yvonne's Reviews > The Soul Dealer: Deception

The Soul Dealer by Yolanda Sfetsos

Nov 11, 10

Read on October 24, 2010

Deception is about Matt, a medium that has tried hard to bury the gift passed to him from his estranged mother. He has always been aware of spirits surrounding him, but refuses to open himself to the possibilities of communicating with them. Deep family secrets have always kept him from sharing that part of himself, until he met Alana.

Ironically, the gift that he thought was a curse is the only thing that will allow him to have her back in his life, if just to say goodbye.

Even in death, Matt can’t seem to forget about the love of his life. So if exploring his gift is the only way he can set her spirit free, then he’s more than willing to get used to seeing dead people.

I was instantly drawn into the story and didn’t put it down until I turned the last page. The plot was interesting and had a hint of mystery. I really wished this story would have been longer, but Yolanda Sfetsos did package a good story into a just a few pages.

Not a lot of background was given about Matt and Alana, but it was enough to make the characters likable and made me enjoy their story. Deception is a great ghost story just in time for Halloween. It reminded me of the movie Ghost, but with a better twist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soul Dealer.