Karen K's Reviews > Blacque/Bleu

Blacque/Bleu by Belinda McBride

** spoiler alert ** I loved this book, absolutely everything about it. I'd been hankering for a shifter read and was so fortunate to find this one - didn't only get my were fix, but a bonus vamp, too.

Blacque is such a multi-dimensional character, not your typical shifter though he is strong and loyal and proud, he is also emotional and loving and compassionate. He hooked me from the start and then I met Bleu and he tore at my heartstrings right away, such a broken, yearning shell of a man. I could just feel his pain right from the beginning. The two of them together make a romantic, sexy, passionate pair - the sex is hot but also the way they have both cared for each another for so long, neither one sure about making the first move, both wanting more than just sex from their first moment together. The first time they had actual sex was so emotional and realistic - the so-called blood-sucking monster guiding the powerful, so-called sexually-promiscuous through the process with gentleness and care. It was a beautiful scene for me, and sealed the fate of the characters and for me.

I loved the town that Belinda created, all the magic and mystery. The supporting characters were interesting and caring and annoying all at the same time. I loved the pack dynamics, the whole need fresh blood thing that fueled Blacque's angst when it came to Bleu. He was so strong in his commitment to a pack he really didn't have much to do with in the first place, such a loyal son whether his father and the pack deserved it or not. Bleu's circumstances were no better, succumbing to harsh and torturous memories in such a way he just wished for eternal release. The pain he went through broke my heart, the freezing and inability to snap himself from the nightmares. Obviously, I'm an angst junkie and his fueled my fire.

One of my fave parts is after the big were challenge, Blacque showed everyone his strength and power but at the same time, he showed his compassion and love for Bleu in claiming him. It was a great moment and it kind of took my breath away for a minute. I was so proud of him, so proud of them both. I won't keep going on and on, but will just say, yeah, loved this book, and I'm really hoping this isn't the last we'll see of Blacque and Bleu. *begs a little*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blacque/Bleu.

11/01/2010 page 120
55.0% "Absolutely in love with this story. ♥"
11/02/2010
100.0% "5 stars! Loved, loved, loved this. ♥"

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Betryal Excellent review and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you had to say. I hope there's another from this author like this or to this one. :thumbs up:

Lexi Ander Loved the review! I was looking at it because I love shifter stories. Can't wait to dig in!