Jessica's Reviews > The Shop on Blossom Street

Oct 24, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: adult-readers
Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Lydia opens a yarn shop on Blossom Street in the midst of construction. Her sister thinks she's crazy, but Lydia has faith. Lydia starts a beginner knitting class with a project of creating a baby blanket and three seemingly different women join the class. This group and the lives of the women in it is the backbone of the story. The point of view is first person, but switches as each of the ladies tell their story.

The story is sweet, but predictable. I was really annoyed by the writer's style in the beginning (can't tell you what exactly annoyed me), but I settled in for the story of A Good Yarn (the name of the shop). The book is written for adults, but the ending is so perfect that it left a bad taste in my mouth. I love happily every after as much as anyone, but this is supposed to be realistic fiction. Happily ever after for every character is certainly not realistic. It was a sweet story. The characters were believable. It was a good mindless read, but not on my favorite of all times list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shop on Blossom Street.