Ryan's Reviews > Crisis On Multiple Earths

Crisis On Multiple Earths by Gardner F. Fox

Oct 24, 10

bookshelves: graphic-novels, superheroes
Read in October, 2010

This is what happens when comic book writers learn about the many worlds theory of quantum physics: two Earths, one with DC's golden age characters and another with their silver age characters (there are others as well, but they don't factor in here). So, once a year, travel between the worlds becomes possible for some reason, and they team up to fight a menace that's too big for either group of heroes (these uber-menaces never attacked at any other point, for some reason).

I've been trying to read more silver age DC stuff, as the gang currently in charge of DC have an obvious desire to revert the company's output to the silver age in as many ways as possible, and I wanted to see what the appeal was.

I don't see it. Even comparing to what was being produced at Marvel at the time, rather than modern comics, this stuff is juvenile, simplistic, lacking in characterization, and boring. I could accept getting rid of the modern stuff if it were being replaced with something more or equally interesting, but knowing that this is what they're aiming for is just depressing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crisis On Multiple Earths.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tony (new)

Tony Young Of course they don't attack at any other point. Summer vacation is the only time a busy supervillain has for a massive attack.