Denise's Reviews > Love Capri Style

Love Capri Style by Lynn Reynolds

Oct 24, 2010

Read in October, 2010

What is it about a story that grabs you from the beginning? I’ve wondered before, but my curiosity has increased tenfold since I began reviewing. I still don’t know how to answer that, but I can definitely say I opened this book as unaware as a fly heading toward a spider web. It had me from the start. Perhaps it was the hero, Eric Greyfield, whose cool, calm demeanor and cocky-as-hell attitude had me swooning from his first, seemingly innocuous, “Well, hello.” Perhaps it was Amanda, the headstrong, independent reporter who wanted to forge a relationship with her father enough to test her comfort zone. I don’t know, but this is one book I did not want to put down, and one I desperately wanted to see more of after the ending scene.

My favorite books recently have been those with headstrong characters who clash ideologically but can’t keep their hands, or thoughts, off each other. The sexual tension in “Love Capri Style” is thick and authentic. The characters are engaging, incredibly likable, and seem very real. The side-characters are likewise engaging, and each serves a purpose. The writing is fluid and natural. These are things that qualify a book as a must-read, or in my case, a must-read-again-and-again, and when I find a novel that captures all these qualities, it’s hard not to beg for more.

I really don’t want to give away too much of the story itself, especially since the blurb has been provided. Let me leave it at this: having read nothing else by Lynn Reynolds, she has definitely made my recommended authors list. I’ll be ready with my credit card, anxious for her next release.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Capri Style.