Hayden Casey's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Jul 25, 14

bookshelves: favorite-series, history-with-author, cute-like-a-baby-kitten, cash-cow
Read from June 13 to 15, 2012

Wow. Look at that cover!
I'm guessing it's Jill on the left and Sydney on the right. It's . . . not what I expected. I was thinking it was going to follow VA's color scheme. I'm glad it's not, though, because, I mean, who wants a clone?

Edit 8.31.11
Okay. First, it was March 1, 2012. Then, it was May 7th, 2012. Now it's June 17, 2012. Is anyone else as frustrated with these pushbacks as I am? I get it, I get it, yadda-yadda, Mead had a baby and she needs time with it. But now that he is actually birthed and she's already finished it, does she really need 10 months to edit?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

06/13/2012 page 28
7.0% "Not a bad start." 1 comment
06/13/2012 page 39
9.0% ""Nice blouse, Sage. It really brings out the khaki in your pants." Oh, Adrian."
06/14/2012 page 92
22.0% "Aw. Sydney on a date. How ADORABLE :3"
06/14/2012 page 131
31.0% "THE CUTE. I CAN'T HANDLE THE CUTE.
*cute overload*"
06/14/2012 page 131
31.0% "Richelle Mead just split two infinitives on the same page. This bothers me."
06/14/2012 page 223
53.0% "As much as I loved Brayden in the beginning, he is starting to get ridiculously annoying. Adrian, please come save the day..." 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Jay No she doesn't. If they don't switch the date back to March I'll boycott her.

message 2: by Francisca (new) - added it

Francisca D: sad sad.. I had already preordered it & now got a mail from the book depository saying the release date had been changed.. :'(

Eugenie well at least dark swan ook 4 is out before xmas not too much for that ...

Sarah (saz101) Hmmm, I agree with you on the cover--it's good it's different, but it looks kind of candy coloured? I REALLY like the cover for Bloodlines--more than the VA books, and I FREAKING LOVE THE SPINE (is that weird). <3 the lettering. But it's LEMON YELLOW...

Grace I have no experience what so ever with babies but I guess she wants to dedicate all her time to it. I mean its a BABY not a dog.

Kiki harsh! she had a baby, it's kind of a big deal. it's not like it pops out and then you're done with it, they tend to need a fair bit of attention.

Keteishia Cameron Jill has curly brown hair.. the other girl girl on the front could be Sydney's sister, Zoe, or a new character.

Hayden Casey Richelle said it was Sydney and Jill.

Caitlin i think the cover looks funny with all the pale colours in the background and the having two pale and blonde girls on the front. jill does NOT hav blond hair! Grrr!

Sarah (saz101) Jill does NOT hav blond hair! Grrr!"
THANK YOU! YES!
What, has she dyed it? Hmmmm?

message 11: by Kiki (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kiki well to be fair it looks like brown hair with highlights?

Hayden Casey Kiki wrote: "well to be fair it looks like brown hair with highlights?"

Agreed. :)

Amanda I thought maybe it was two halves of Sydney bc she keeps being torn between what she had been raised to believe and what she is learning through her experiences and lets face it she is into Adrian. I seen this coming from the first book. Loved VA and love these books too. Just only part way through this one but looking forward to the next.

Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) obviously ms. mead needed a lot more than 10 mnths to edit this book....i'm reading it now, and i don't think ANYONE bothered to edit or proofread it. so unlike her other books. idon't understand how you can write over 20 books and have your latest one be written so poorly