Dina's Reviews > Calder

Calder by Allyson James

1918270
Dec 18, 10

bookshelves: erotica-romantica, ebook, sci-fi-romance, bdsm, ménage, to-blog
Read from December 15 to 17, 2010

I can't help it, I have a thing for tortured and damaged heroes. Calder is the ultimate tortured Shareem, and he has the scars to prove it. Luckily for him, fate puts Dr. Katarina d'Arnal in his life - and the rest is history. ;)

After being slightly disappointed with the last installments in the Tales of the Shareem series, I'm glad to say that I enjoyed Calder as much as Rees. I still think that Ms. James spends too many lines recapping former heroes' stories and that's annoying. I've read their books and I don't need a reminder of past events, especially when they don't have anything to do with the current story. As for those who haven't read the previous books, having them spoiled like that isn't exactly conducive to enticing them to read them anytime soon.

Aside from that, I really liked this book. I was ready to give up on this series, but now I hope Ms. James keeps writing it. Braden certainly deserves to have his own book. If she writes it, I'll read it.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calder.

12/15/2010
0.0% "Okay, let's finish this series, shall we? I already like Calder and the "Beauty and the Beast" theme. :)" 2 comments
12/17/2010
10.0% "The guy on the cover is not Calder. Where are the scars and the damaged skin?" 4 comments
12/17/2010
100.0% "I liked it! :)"

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane *licks that cover*

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm so, so looking forward to starting this series!

Dina I hope you like it, UM. :)

MelissaB I liked this one too Dina!

Dina Melissa, you know that I only read this series because of you, don't you? Thanks! :D