UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva's Reviews > Dirty Thirty

Dirty Thirty by Cara McKenna

Well. **looks around, clears throat and blushes** Dirty Thirty was definitely dirty and one of the hottest stories I’ve read in a long time, and part of me wants to say that it was nothing but sex, but that’s really not true. It’s also a story about a man and a woman, perfectly matched in every way, who love each other so much and are so secure in their relationship that nothing is off limits.

A few months before his 30th birthday, Evan, in the heat of a sexually intense moment, tells his wife about a fantasy he has of losing his anal virginity to another man. Margie is more than happy to make it happen and so now, on the eve of his birthday, he’s about to have his fantasy come to life.

Cara McKenna is one of those erotic authors who knows how to bring characters to life in a short amount of time. Margie and Evan are so perfect for each other that I had no problem believing that this could be a one-time-thing that they’d both be forever thankful they chose to pursue.

This would have been a high 4 star rating, but I fell so hard for Paul that I can't possibly rate this lower than 5 stars.

Does anyone know, will he be getting a story? I surely hope so!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Thirty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~J~ Riverina Romantics Will definitely have to buy this one!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva LOL! I think you'd love it, Jodie!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Ok, Dhes, you convinced me...will give this one a try. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I hope you love it, too! Especially Paul!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter It's only a quickie - I'm going to squeeze it in sometime next week!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva What should we read together, next?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I'm reading Dancing on Coals and it is so beautiful! Love it! I think you added it to your Mount Pile as well.
I'm open for your suggestions...LOL

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I have 7 more netgalleys I need to read:

Kelsey's Song (The Wilder Books) by Lanie Kincaid A Clockwork Christmas by Stacy Gail Double Shot by Christine d'Abo Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden Artistic Appeal (Bottled Up, #6) by Andrew  Grey A Vampire for Christmas (Includes  Sweetblood, #2.5) by Caridad Piñeiro White Dawn (Leisure Historical Romance) by Susan  Edwards

Any of those sound good to you?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Hmmm...sorry, nothing I'd read. I do remember that I checked Double Shot but it didn't really appeal to me and Auntee rated it with 3 stars. Not all that high. And you know me I don't like vampires/shifters. I've read Edge of Survival a few days ago and it was also provided by netgalley. It was fantastic!

~J~ Riverina Romantics Did you get this one from Netgalley?

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva No, not this one, Jodie. I think I got it from ficitonwise during their sale! LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I've read Edge of Survival a few days ago and it was also provided by netgalley. It was fantastic!

I was looking at that one, Baba, but I have so much to read right now. Maybe I'll grab it anyway, but it better be good! LOL!

Oh well, it was worth a shot because we seemed to be reading so many of the same books recently. Maybe after the holidays.

Alycia Yay, I'm glad you loved this one!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I did, Aly!! Thanks for the recommendation! It was hot and fun and I need some Paul!

Alycia UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I did, Aly!! Thanks for the recommendation! It was hot and fun and I need some Paul!"

You're welcome. This was my first McKenna too. I haven't read all her books yet, but what I have read I've really liked. I do prefer her Cara McKenna books over what I have read of her Meg Maguire books.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I'm looking forward to reading more, that's for sure!!!

Alycia I hope you enjoy them.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva What are you reading right now? Anything good?

See what I have to read for netgalley? http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Alycia UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "What are you reading right now? Anything good?

See what I have to read for netgalley? http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

That is a lot! It stresses me out if I have too many books from NetGalley. I am 100 pages into The Famous Heroine/The Plumed Bonnet by Mary Balogh which is good so far, but I am not really in a reading mood. Maybe its just I need a hr break. I am not sure. Nothing has wowed me in a while. I just started a book I borrowed, 10% in and its good so far, The Bottom Line by Shelley Munro. I haven't read at all today, but was thinking of reading some more of this one.

Alycia Double Shot is really short. I liked it better than Shot in the Dark. I am looking forward to book 3, Pulled Long.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Well, it's a long story about how I ended up with so many books at once, but I'm working on them :)

Alycia UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Well, it's a long story about how I ended up with so many books at once, but I'm working on them :)"

You'll have to tell me some time when you get a chance.

message 24: by Auntee (new)

Auntee You only have 7 to read from Netgalley? I'm embarrassed to admit how many I have piled up...:(

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Auntee wrote: "You only have 7 to read from Netgalley? I'm embarrassed to admit how many I have piled up...:("

I had 10... I'm writing the reviews for those other 3 now.

How many Auntee? And what ones? Am I missing something fabulous??

message 26: by Auntee (last edited Nov 05, 2011 06:15PM) (new)

Auntee I have some that go way back--Lori Foster's latest series, Victoria Dahl's Donavan brothers, and lots and lots by authors I've never read before. I know I shouldn't request so many, since there's no way I can keep up!

OMG, I just checked my 'netgalley' shelf--I have 72 books, and have only read and reviewed 8!!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Have they given you any grief about not reviewing them? Just curious because once in a while I get a bad one, but I hate to write a bad review when the book just wasn't up my alley, know what mean?

message 28: by Auntee (new)

Auntee No grief (yet) lol!
Right now I'm updating my reviews over there...

I don't think they'd be bothered by a bad review--I'm worried that they're going to cut me off for not reviewing all that I requested!

message 29: by Jill (new)

Jill Dhes, you can decline to review. I've done that with two but I gave the publishers a reason why.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I've "declined" to review, too. I think 2 or 3 books, and I've listed the reasons, too. Usually it's because the formatting was so bad I wasn't able to read.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva That's what I've been doing today, Auntee, updating reviews for them.

MK (Food actvist) Oh, another add to the TBR pile! Great review, UM :)

Jennifer Cara McKenna is Awesome...This was the first one I read of hers and I have since read quite a few. Willing Victim is really good.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Thanks, MissKenjii! This was a fun, hot read. I hope you love it, too!!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva There are so many books I want to read by so many authors!

message 36: by Regina (new)

Regina I didn't read all the comments, but have you read anything else by this author? I absolutely loved (meaning I read it 3X in a row) Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

I tried to read two others by her and they didn't have the same effect on me. I have looked at this book several times, but something about it doesn't interest me, but maybe I will give it a try. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I've been hearing great things about Willing Victim, Regina. I'm wanting to read it very soon.

Jessica You can not go wrong with this author! LOL...whenever I recommend her books I always follow it up with a WARNING LOL...some of her books are not for the faint of heart ;) and that is exactly why I love them so much!

Jessica Regina wrote: "I didn't read all the comments, but have you read anything else by this author? I absolutely loved (meaning I read it 3X in a row) Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

I tried to read two others by..."

I loved Willing Victim!! One of my favs by her :)

message 40: by Regina (new)

Regina I wish we had more on this couple! Or more writing like Willing Victim.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva No one shoot me, but I can't remember if I already asked this - will Paul get a story?

Karla Great review...I loved it. So much love, so erotic, a lot of story in tiny package!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Thanks, Karla! I agree 100%

❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀ Oh my! I have this on my shelf for at least 2 months and I haven't even read it yet, but after reading your review I-...*left to start reading*

~J~ Riverina Romantics Finished reading this yesturday Dhes- LOVED IT!!!