Kiefer Lavely's Reviews > The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values

The Moral Landscape by Sam Harris

M_50x66
Nov 11, 10

Read from October 23 to November 10, 2010

While the concepts and notions Sam Harris brings forth in his second book are fascinating and intriguing, the book was not easy to read. The sentence structure was perfectly fine, but the organization of the book was horrible. I found the intro and the 1st chapter to be discussing the exact same thing, and it seemed as though it was one long speech that lasted three hours and then put into words in a book. So while I loved to hear his opinion on a topic such as this, it was written in a way that was somewhat intolerable, and it was a struggle to finish the book. However, due to the intriguing points Sam Harris brings up, I give this book three stars, but, I would not recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moral Landscape.

10/23/2010 page 20
10/25/2010 page 20
7.0% "This book provides me with a perspective on the foundation and future of moral values that vary dramatically from culture to culture, but perhaps will save us from the current clutches of fanatical and imperious mysticism, and cultural relativism that is limiting human beings from reaching our full potential."
11/04/2010 page 30
10.0% "No easy reading, that's for sure. Every in depth, complex. I actually find it poorly organized. The first chapter seems to be a continuation of the intro, and dosen't really have any breaks, which is important in a book like this."