Amy's Reviews > Second Glance

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

Oct 23, 10

read count: 1

I do love Jodi Picoult books, even if I occasionally feel guilty for reading what sometimes feel like junk food literature. Even if it is empty calories, I can't deny that I love her writing and her pop psychology insights into the human mind. She is a writer with a witty turn of phrase and although there is a strong tendency to desperately make you emotional, it's often worth persevering. It's escapism, after all.

If you have read any of her other well researched and sentimental books, you'll already know what to expect from this one. Picoult always writes about morals, choices and doing the wrong things for the right reasons, but essentially her books are about love and the myriad of ways that people who love act - and especially the way that mothers love. Second Glance was more supernatural in nature than the other of her novels that I've read, but it still felt oddly realistic and believeable - and, ultimately, it was still about love. I rather think that the rather silly romantic in me will never stop loving Jodi Picoult.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Glance.