Amy's Reviews > You Shall Know Our Velocity!

You Shall Know Our Velocity! by Dave Eggers

Oct 23, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2009
I own a copy, read count: 2

I was already a Eggers fan before I came to this book and so I knew what to expect, sort of. Well, I knew how his voice would sound, at least. Anyway: I loved this book. I loved the stupid unlikeable characters and their stupid ridiculous 'quest' and the awful sadness that is the stitching between them and the cover over.

I don't know if this book is profound, but I agree that it is important. And I think Eggers himself is, too. He's not perfect - in fact, I think he's probably as bit of an arsehole - but I like him. A lot.

Also: I have the sort of cardboardish edition where the story starts on the cover and it is lovely. The lines on the first page cast a real shadow over the whole book (well, they did for me) and to have them on the front cover staring at me meant I read them over and over, without really meaning to.

But try and get that edition, really. It feels lovely, it looks lovely, it is lovely. I want to hold it in my hands all the time!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Shall Know Our Velocity!.