Edward's Reviews > Shaken

Shaken by J.A. Konrath

Oct 27, 10

Read on October 22, 2010

Another awesome read here from Konrath. I'm really starting to like this guy after reading four or five of his books. This is the first full length book I've read with Daniels as the main character.

I liked it a lot. The best thing about Konrath is his flow. A little bit like Stuart Woods in that the writing keeps you rolling without any breaks. Daniels is a compelling character, not one-dimensional, but not overly introspective either. A great balance. The supporting cast each have unique attributes that make them interesting, and in this book, they were more featured than I understand they were in previous books - I can't say any more without giving it away.

My only quibble was that the switching between three different time periods made the book hard to get into. But once I got about a third of the way througg, it started to be a plus not a minus. Konrath offers the choice of reading it in chronological order as well (the beauty of ebooks), but I think overall it works better switching time periods, even with the difficulty at the beginning.

Botton line is that Konrath is an excellent writer with a good sense of humor and the ability to tell compelling stories. I haven't been disappointed yet. Unless you don't like the "type" of story, it's well worth picking up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shaken.