Krys's Reviews > Perception

Perception by Kim Harrington

Mar 17, 15

bookshelves: young-adult, urban-dark-fantasy-paranormal, read-in-2011, series-i-love, short-length-book, mystery-suspense, first-person-narrative, series, arcs-i-no-longer-have
Read from August 15 to 16, 2011 , read count: 1

I really do love reading the Clarity books by Kim Harrington. They are quick, fun, and easygoing. I usually polish them off in about a day, to give you an idea of the brevity. They are just pure fun.

In the second book, Perception, Clarity (Clare) Fern is starting school again and adjusting to a few new things. Number one is her new-found popularity with the cool kids. Second is that two attractive, available guys are trying to win her favour. Clare has always been on the outs because of her family's psychic abilities but her abilities are the talk of the town now. Soon a high school girl goes missing and it's all Clare can do to not get involved with the investigation. Again.

I do adore these books. They are not perfect, but they are great in that they are solidly entertaining. My one gripe was that I found this one a bit predictable. That said, I can typically call the baddie from mystery plots right away and, sure enough, it happened here too. However, it didn't decrease my enjoyment of the book. Clare and Perry (her brother) make for a great team and it will be interesting to see who nabs Clare's heart, should more books arise. I already know which way the pendulum seems to have swung, however I can't give up any spoilers. You'll just have to wait and see.

I hope there are more books coming in this series. I appreciate the misadventures of the "sassy psychic girl detective" wannabe very much. 4 out of 5 stars.

- review courtesy of www.bibliopunkkreads.com
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perception.

08/16/2011 page 125
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke I have got to say, Clarity is one of THE SNARKIEST heroines to ever grace the pages of a novel. Strange as it sounds, i love her dearly! Not sure how i feel about her hanging out with the "cool" kids though. She struck me as the type who didn't really care about all that...popularity and such. Buy any who! I am way excited for a Clare/Perry team up! I loved him as well! The whole Fern family is just awesome!

AlsoOooOo- i am now VERY interested to see which boy she fancies more. YOU ARE A TEASE! *huffs* :P

I have this one just sittin' on my shelf-i may need to bump it up on my TBR pile! Great review!

Krys I'm the best kind of tease though... I don't give up spoilers. ;)