Jennifer's Reviews > Schooled

Schooled by Gordon Korman

Oct 26, 10

bookshelves: audiobooks, chapterbook, kids, youngadult, caudill2011, funny, realistic
Read in October, 2010, read count: 1

I really enjoyed this, but definitely found myself reacting differently than kids would. Lots of "Oh, honey, no! Don't do that!" moments where kids I think may not see the upcoming consequences or will wait for them gleefully. Loved having the multiple viewpoints of the situation and found many of the characters to be more complex than I expected. For example, I could empathize with Zach (Zack?)as everything went wrong for him while still finding him to be a repugnant little beast. The narration was all very well done with each reader being well suited to their part and really adding to the sense of their character with inflections and vocal style. Tied with The Hunger Games for my favorite of the 2011 Caudills I've read so far (which admittedly is not very many) - oooh, edited to add I forgot that Savvy was one of this year's Caudills - man, I don't know what I would pick - good thing I don't have to vote! Listened to Recorded Books audio edition with multiple narrators.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schooled.

10/22/2010 page 200
89.0% "Loving the multiple narrators and I find myself trying to give them advice when I'm listening in the car. Lots of variations on "Oh, honey, no! Don't do that!""