Kristy's Reviews > The Secret Life of Prince Charming

The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti

Jan 05, 12

bookshelves: on-the-road-again
Read from January 04 to 05, 2012

So many people had recommended this one to me, so I was super excited to start it.

I had a really hard time getting into the flow of this book. I hated all the italic sections from the various women in Barry's life. It would just be getting interesting and BAM, here comes this random writing from some random woman. Blek. I also had a hard time just getting into this story period. But, when Frances Lee came into the picture and the road trip began- I was hooked. I adored the latter half of the book. Sprout, Fraces and Quinn were an awkard, weird, fun bunch. I can't help but like them and feel sorry that they have such a douche of a dad. Holy Cow, he sucks as a person.

Alas, I'm just beginning to think I'm not that big of a Caletti fan. While I did enjoy this more than say, The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti, I think I might have liked The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti more. Everything I've read of hers just doesn't wow me the way I want it to. The books aren't bad, they just aren't great in my opinion.

3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of Prince Charming.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cara I guess she might be a hit and miss author for you, which can happen. I'm glad you could enjoy some parts of the book though;) I need to read The Six Rules of Maybe because I've seen a lot of people like it and my sister keeps pushing me to read it:D

If you are willing to give this author another chance I would suggest Stay, I really liked this one but my sister not so much. So I guess as always it just depends.

Kristy I need to read stay. That's cover is so pretty. You should read 6 rules of maybe, I'm siding with your sister :)

Cara Haha:D I'll have to read it soon then!:)