Amanda's Reviews > Gravity's Rainbow

Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gravity's Rainbow.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Thomas Pynchon
“They're in love. Fuck the war.”
tags: love, war

Thomas Pynchon
“Through the machineries of greed, pettiness, and the abuse of power, love occurs.”

Thomas Pynchon
“Jeremy will take her like the Angel itself, in his joyless weasel-worded come-along, and Roger will be forgotten, an amusing maniac, but with no place in the rationalized power-ritual that will be the coming peace. She will take her husband's orders, she will become a domestic bureaucrat, a junior partner, and remember Roger, if at all, as a mistake thank God she didn't make…. Oh, he feels a raving fit coming on—how the bloody hell can he survive without her? She is the British warm that protects his stooping shoulders, and the wintering sparrow he holds inside his hands. She is his deepest innocence in spaces of bough and hay before wishes were given a separate name to warn that they might not come true, and his lithe Parisian daughter of joy, beneath the eternal mirror, forswearing perfumes, capeskin to the armpits, all that is too easy, for his impoverishment and more worthy love.
You go from dream to dream inside me. You have passage to my last shabby corner, and there, among the debris, you've found life. I'm no longer sure which of all the words, images, dreams or ghosts are 'yours' and which are 'mine.' It's past sorting out. We're both being someone new now, someone incredible….”
tags: love

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea It amuses me that you have a goodreads shelf called eternal-torment. :p

message 2: by Mr.B (new)

Mr.B Andrea wrote: "It amuses me that you have a goodreads shelf called eternal-torment. :p"

Would that be books about eternal torment, or books that are so bad you can never seem to finish reading them?