AH's Reviews > Stolen Heat

Stolen Heat by Elisabeth Naughton

Sep 03, 2011

bookshelves: own, romantic-suspense, zzread-dec-2010
Read from December 27 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Stolen Heat is the second book in the Stolen Trilogy by Elisabeth Naughton. Stolen Heat is the story of Katherine (Kat) Meyers, an Egyptologist. Kat is the love interest of antiquities dealer Peter Kauffman. Peter was introduced in Stolen Fury as Rafe Sullivan’s best friend and gallery owner. In Stolen Fury, Pete’s previous relationship and subsequent heartbreak was alluded to. In this book, we get the full story.

Six years earlier, Pete meets Kat at an archaeological dig tour in Egypt. He pursues Kat and they have a torrid affair. Unknown to Kat, Pete is dealing in antiquities with questionable provenance. Meanwhile Kat has unearthed a plot to steal archaeological treasures from her site. She reports the theft and her life changes drastically and Kat, with the assistance of CIA operative Martin Slade, fake her death in a fiery car crash.

Some people may not like the way the story unfolds. Told in the present, and then flashing back six years, the author slowly explains the nature of Kat and Pete’s relationship. Each flashback unearths another layer in their relationship, almost like an relationship archaeological dig. It is obvious that Pete never got a chance to mourn his loss of Kat and the fact that she suddenly appears back in his life causes him anger and great distress. Not to mention that as they get reacquainted the people chasing Kat have drugged him, shot at Kat, and are trying to kill them both.

I loved the sexual tension between Kat and Peter. It really felt perfect for a couple who had been separated for six years and a faked death. Again, the secondary characters in this book were fun, especially barracuda lady Maria. The villains in this book were especially heinous and cruel.

I found the book was thrilling and I basically read it in one sitting. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book in the series Stolen Seduction.

Check out my review on Badass Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Heat.

12/27/2010 page 1
0.0% "RRRC - INVERNO challenge - N author." 3 comments
12/28/2010 page 43
12.0% ""This isn't real," he muttered to himself as he gave his head a strong shake. "Can't be real. I'm hung over. Really hung over. That or I've got a brain tumor." He squeezed his eyes shut. "MRI. That's it. I need a goddamn MRI." --Pete when he awakes from his drugged state to find Kat (who has supposedly been dead for 6 years) kissing him."
12/28/2010 page 86
24.0% ""About us. This spark. Is it...is it still there after I made a fool of myself a few minutes ago?" One side of his mouth curled into that sexy half grin, the one she'd been itching to lick off his face through their whole dinner. "Oh, yeah. Definitely there for me. What do you think?" She finally drew a breath. "I think if you don't kiss me soon, I am going to die."" 2 comments

Greta is Erikasbuddy Awesome review!!

Did you like this book better than the first?

This totally sounds like something my Dad would enjoy... if he read romance novels lolz ;)

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I liked them both. I liked the characters from the first book more than these ones. I'm looking forward to the third book because it's about Lisa's (1st book) twin brother and Rafe's (1st book) ex wife. Should be interesting and full of some fun moments.

Greta is Erikasbuddy that does sound interesting!

Quinn Looks like I'll have to move this series up my TBR pile!