Kristi's Reviews > Tempest Rising

Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs

Jun 02, 11

Read from May 03 to 10, 2011

Tempest Rising is FINtastic!! Sorry I couldn’t resist! But seriously it was awesome.

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of mermaids. I mean if my blog name didn’t tip you off, well it should have. Not that sirens are technically mermaids, but “the story mermaid” didn’t quite have the same ring to it as “the story siren” but anyway back to the review. I might be a little biased when it comes to this book because I do love mermaids, but it was actually a really spectacular story.

I loved the characters and the setting. The evil sea witch (totally not as “little mermaid” as it sounds) and her minions. The fresh spin on the mythology was really quite refreshing. I really enjoyed reading this one and getting lost in Tempest’s world.... er worlds. If only I knew how to surf I would love to catch a wave with Tempest and her friends.

The only thing that I was a little iffy on was the situation with Tempest’s mom, or rather what happened when they met. It was so abrupt. I guess perhaps I was looking for a little more closure for Tempest, I felt like she deserved that and then she ended up getting cheated out of it.

I think one thing that paranormal fans will like is the steamy love triangle in this one! Both guys have their qualities that make them a good match for Tempest, it was hard to decide who I preferred, but in the end I think she made the right decision.

I would love to read more about Tempest and her adventures and watch her to come figure out her “powers” and of course I’d like to see a little bit more Kai!

Great story, great characters and a beautiful cover!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest Rising.

05/09/2011 page 30
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emily I'm also reading this one right now! Can't wait for your review.

Alissa Bach Unfortunately this one wasn't what I hoped it would be.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished this one last week and am posting a review today. I thought it was really good (after the slowness of the beginning). Hope your enjoying it!

Enna Isilee (Squeaky Books) So do you not give star ratings on GR anymore, either?

Jordan This one is coming up soon for me too. My review won't be up til the end of the month though.

message 6: by Isabel (new)

Isabel <3 that cover. ;)

Vidya-BooksAreMagic What is the star rating for this book, Kristi?

message 8: by Jane (new) - added it

Jane Thank you for the awesome review! A definitely a "need to read."