Anastasia's Reviews > The Adventures of Unemployed Man

The Adventures of Unemployed Man by Erich Origen

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, current-events, fiction
Read in October, 2010

Caveat: one of the authors is my neighbor.

I really enjoyed this graphic novel. While I usually prefer the more serious type of GN (like Persepolis), this very comic-book-style work was great. It was a visual treat to look through it and note all the tiny little details subtly embedded in the pictures. The creativity and humor were exactly what one needs when looking true evil right in its ugly mug. Best of all, for me, was that Origen and Golan have their finger right on the pulse of what's going on politically. I wish they'd have had more women characters, but kudos to them for the variety of superheroes they did include such as White Rage (a white guy who is angry at all the stuff white men are angry about, but is trying to understand the root of his misplaced rage), Fantasma (an undocumented superhero who is ignored but does vital work), and Wonder Mother (got fired from her job when she refused to nurse her baby in the supply closet).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Unemployed Man.