Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > Curran, Vol. I

Curran, Vol. I by Gordon Andrews

Oct 22, 10

bookshelves: liked, read-in-2010, adult-cravings
Read on October 21, 2010

Although I love, love, love Curran, I don't think I liked being inside his head. It was funny and pretty awesome seeing his POV for some of my favorite scenes in Kate's books. I guess I got used to Kate's thoughts and not so much Curran and his very short thoughts.

Curran makes me smile every time he appears in a scene! I loved hearing his reasoning for the soup. You know, I was wondering why he held the bowl and looked at it for a while! That part made me smile all over again.

One of my favorite parts is when he sees Kate after she was attacked by these freaky looking mermaid lady things and almost dies. She was rescued by Curran and had recently woken up. She is described as having dark, puffy circles under her eyes, and her face looked gaunt.

So anyway, Curran sees her and says (Oh! I edited just like Bindy would):

I was not used to seeing her like this. I scared me a little bit.

"You look like SCOUT." Honesty is important in any relationship.

Hahahahaha!

Even though I didn't really like this, I still love Curran and would have likely kept reading even if this went up to 500 pages. That being said, only read this if you've already read the first 3 books at least. Otherwise you'll be spoiled!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curran, Vol. I.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Same here. I liked this but I didn't love it. I found his POV a bit too...I don't know, rough? Kate is already rough but Curran's is just different. Then again he is Beast Lord. :)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I know. It was hard to put them together, the Curran from the book and the Curran from these stories.

I thought about it, and maybe because these are his thoughts, and in the books, it's Kate's adventures, not necessarily ALL her thoughts. I don't know if that makes sense.

His thoughts were weird, made him seem like a creeper or something, when he's not. He's the Beast Lord.

The Beast Lord!!!!