Belinda Kroll's Reviews > Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy

Day of Sacrifice by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

Oct 21, 10

Read in October, 2010

I sincerely enjoyed reading this novella. It was similar in theme to Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson and if anyone knows me, they know I'm obsessed with Sanderson's work.

However, the thing I love about Sanderson is he knows when a work is stand-alone. Even though it is obvious the story continues due to how Day of Sacrifice ends... I felt it ended in a way that it could have been a stand-alone. There just aren't enough good stand-alone fantasy these days!

All in all, a good read that I wish wasn't part of a series because I felt the storyline was wrapped up for me in a short story sort of way.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Day of Sacrifice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacey Benefiel Thanks for reading DoS! I think you'll be happy to know that it is kind of a stand-alone. Each story will be about two different characters. There will be mentions of Flora and Julian, but they will not be the focus.

At first I had intended to just write the one story, but then I kept thinking of all these other characters and plotlines. I'm a series addict, so maybe it's just in my blood. :)