Mysterie's Reviews > What Happened to Lani Garver

What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci

F 50x66
Oct 21, 10

Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This is by far one of my favorite books. I don't consider myself a religious person, but being agnostic, I myself believe that some form of angels may walk the Earth. But silently, maybe not knowing it themselves, the fact that they are angels.

To make a reference, to another book in which this book shows parallels to, Absolute Brightness, I believe that in fact Leonard Plekley may in fact have been an angel in disguise.

This book, however, does much more than just share its spiritual views, it shares life lessons that people, young and old should need to learn.

Not needing to fit into boxes, knowing to be nice to everyone, because they might be an angel, and even just having enough courage to change your life are all things that this book has displayed beautifully.

Now there is some controversy about the ending, is Lani an angel or a mortal? Is he a boy or a girl? Gay or straight? Ect... But in fact, I think the people who ask these questions are missing the books point.

Lani doesn't NEED to be put in any boxes, wether its boy or girl, straight or gay, or even mortal or angel.

He's Lani Garver, and his viewpoint is one I think if more people lived by it, the world would be a lot happier.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened to Lani Garver.