Lyndi's Reviews > Clementine

Clementine by Sara Pennypacker

4204060
Oct 21, 2010

Read in October, 2010

I loved this book! It was so cute and reminded me a lot of the type of books I read when I was younger. To be honest, it reminded me a lot of the Junie B. Jones books. I just thought Clementine had the same attitude and was always trying to do good deeds, but they always ended up bad for her. She almost reminded me of a child who would be diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. She just had a hard time focusing on one thing at a time and was just all over the place. The quote that stuck out to me as a future teacher was right at the beginning on page 2 when she said "instead of having to think up things to write in my journal, which I hate, I got to glue and paint stuff, which I love." It just cracked me up that because they HAD to write journals everyday, she hated it and she felt like she just had to think up random things to write in her journal rather than making it meaninful. Overall, this book was great and I would recommend it to any teacher or child looking for a fun lighthearted book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clementine.