Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Tears of Heaven A Love Story

Tears of Heaven A Love Story by Jewel    Adams

Tears of Heaven was a very moving romance. It made me cry in several scenes. The devotion between Heaven and Sergei really hit home with me. I felt for Heaven, all that she had gone through, and her emotional anguish, and then her fear to open herself up to loving. And Sergei never grew impatient with her, his love steadfast, gentle, and protective--the balm to heal her wounds.

Although this is a short novella, the progression of the love affair between Heaven and Sergei felt right. They started out as respectful strangers, Sergei initially just Heaven’s employer. As Sergei taught Heaven that she could trust him, their relationship became a deep, understanding friendship and bloomed into a profound love. Sergei’s proposal made me cry. It was very romantic! I guess I was really in the mood for a sweet, emotional love story, and this definitely sated my need. I wish that there were more sweet, romantic interracial romances out there like this. If you know some, point me in the right direction. I know that Jewel Adams definitely writes these kinds of stories, so I will be reading more of her. Although the love scenes are hinted at, not described, she managed to capture the passion that was a part of Heaven and Sergei’s relationship excellently, and I didn't feel cheated that there weren't more details. And this is perfect for readers who actively seek out clean romance.

The inspirational aspects of this story are readily apparent, and make this story even richer. Heaven’s relationship with God, and her faith as a member of the LDS Church is a part of her that gives her a lot of strength. It felt realistic and natural that she would pray and let her faith dictate the lifestyle she pursued. Readers who are in the LDS Church will appreciate these elements, but those who don’t share those beliefs can still appreciate this story, as Heaven and Sergei’s faith are well-integrated aspects of their personalities, and the spiritual elements were not presented in a preachy manner.

Heaven’s issues with her abusive ex-boyfriend were well-handled. It was clear that Heaven had her reasons for staying in the relationship as long as she did, but her self-esteem and strong beliefs had give her the strength to leave. She still suffered from fears and anxiety as her ex-boyfriend stalks her, but I liked how Sergei stood by her and protected her, and that she didn’t let those stand in the way of having the relationship of her long-cherished dreams with Sergei.

I could probably go on, but I want the future readers to get to enjoy this book without me revealing too much. Tears of Heaven is a wonderful story. I am thankful to Ms. Jewel Adams for the opportunity to read and enjoy this story. She has made a loyal reader out of me.

I was listening to 'Halo' on the way home, and it fits this book perfectly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tears of Heaven A Love Story.

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review D!

message 3: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love Great review, Danielle! I remember this when I need some tear-jerker therapy.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Thanks, Bean. If you need to get some crying done, this will help. :)

message 5: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell Awesome review Danielle!! This definitely sounds like a great book!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Excellent review. Sounds like one I should definitely read!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I want this, but I can't seem to find it on amazon. Where'd you get it, Lady D.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I was hoping to get it through amazon.com so I could be sure and have the right format. .pdf files don't do well on my Kindle, even if I convert them or have amazon do it.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Thanks, Dhestiny! I think you can also get it on smashwords.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'll check there, Danielle. Thank you.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) You're welcome. I wish more of her books were on Amazon too. I'm lazy and I buy all my ebooks off there now, but I should probably check Fictionwise too, like you said.

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Feb 10, 2011 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Danielle, you'll save a small fortune if you shop fictionwise, especially during their sales. They're having 55% off all books except Samhain right now, through Valentines. The coupon code is - loveday2011

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish No problem, girlfriend! I got your back ;)

message 18: by Brylit (new)

Brylit This review is of interest because of the romance and the insights about personal choices and personal faith are dead on. I also am interested in stories about people who have differing views of faith, since I am currently fascinated by the characters in BIG LOVE. Love is seldom uncomplicated, and I guess that's the pull. Love ya! Brylit :)