♥ Melody 's Reviews > A Dangerous Beauty

A Dangerous Beauty by Sophia Nash

Feb 04, 2016

bookshelves: genre-historical-romance, made-me-cry, my-favorite-leading-men, my-favorite-leading-ladies, angst-forlorn-couples, hero-too-delicious-for-words, favorites, emotional-gut-wrenching, oh-g-d-that-was-damn-hot, hero-i-want-for-myself, could-not-put-it-down, gorgeous-eyes-hero, hero-with-long-hair, tormented-heroine, ruined-fallen-heroine, 5-star, reviewed-by-me, virgin-heroine, total-sweetheart-hero, miscommunication-fuckery, be-still-my-heart, making-me-swoon-dialogue, widow, sweetheart-heroine, tortured-hero, hello-lover-i-wish-you-were-real, beautiful-cover, black-hair-blue-eyed-hero, borrowed, one-hit-wonders, cover-lured-me-in, sad-it-was-over, underrated-book, hero-with-a-sexy-name, i-burn-for-you-love, blew-me-away, i-wanna-li-li-li-lick-u-head-to-toe, flawless, ruggedly-handsome-hero, hello-blue-eyes, sweet-delicious-wordplay-prose

I really loved this book. The execution was very impressive and just made the entire story pretty amazing. Loved this author's style of writing. I had randomly picked this up on a whim because the cover intrigued me and the back cover description caught my interest and when I started reading it, it really surprised me. A very pleasant wonderful surprise for me. I was expecting to get the predictable plot seen in romance books but this book really grabbed me and kept surprising me. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I loved both the hero and heroine who both have difficult dark backgrounds but come together and can't let go. A very heartbreaking forlorn couple who have lots of ups and downs. Very angsty emotionally-heavy story. But so very good.

The only negative I would say is the story does get dragged out a bit too long until the conclusion but the author makes up for it with the character interaction, great dialogue and wonderful ending. When I say I couldn't put this down I really mean it. I was completely sucked in and actually sad when the story ended. It's not the typical fluff light-hearted stuff you get in other romance period books which is one of the reasons why I liked it so much, it's darker, more realistic and has so much more depth. The characters in this are 3 dimensional, fully fleshed out, believable and just enthralling to read about. I almost didn't want to finish it because it was so good. If you want a real love story, with angst, heartbreak, passion and lots of drama then this is it. It had everything with a few surprises here and there. The characters in this will always stay with me, they were very unique, very real and just heartbreaking. Great book!!!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dangerous Beauty.

02/04 marked as: read

Becky Vermillon I LOVED THIS BOOK. I HAVEALREADUREADTHE SECOND BOOK. IT BRINGS SOME OF THE SAME CARACTORSBACK TO AMUSE US AGAIN