Joyzi's Reviews > The Son of Neptune

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Apr 01, 13

bookshelves: children-s, fiction, fantasy, reviewed, book-series, author-american, wishlist, mythology, humor
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
Recommended for: Cutesy Fans of Riordan
Read from March 27 to April 01, 2013

April 1 2013

Wow! Yay! I finished it! I feel like it has been a long time since I read something fictional(is that the right word?) since I've been really busy with school and stuff and I switched to watching movies instead of reading books to fight stress and boredom at times.

I picked this one up just to go back to my old bookworm self thinking hey it's Percy Jackson it's fun, juvenile, nothing serious I'll definitely finish it and not watch another movie...and yeah I was right. It's still the old Riordan, the story is still interesting and a lot of fun. There are new roman gods and demigods and I especially like the god with an OCD.

That's pretty much it. I loved it and I'm going to read the next one after my brother return my nook since he's not yet finish reading Catching Fire. :)

Thoughts before reading
10.2011

*screams then cover mouth*

Can't wait, can't wait

OH MY GODS I REALLY NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!!!

Rick Riordan writes faster please please please!!!

My Speculations (SPOILER ALERT)
(scroll down)
Photobucket
Motivational Poster for Pandas Pictures, Images and Photos

1. Oh my gods! There's another camp with the Roman demigods this time! I'm sure it will be cool on the next book and that we'll gonna meet some kiddos of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto et cetera et cetera(basically all the planets of our Solar System).

2. Son of Neptune? Is this Percy Jackson or another character (another son of Poseidon??? like with Jason and Thalia)?

3. Percy Jackson in the new camp, amnesiac and confused and all that like Jason was. Could it possibly be that there's also another girl in the other camp that he might fall in love with?

4. Jason already have a girlfriend in his old camp and then in the future there would be a love triangle.

5. We had met the three kids of the prophecy, Jason(son of Jupiter), Leo(son of Hephaestus) and Piper(daughter of Aphrodite). There's only four left, I'm guessing the three would came from the Roman demigods camp (my wish was that the three kids would be a son/daughter of Mars, Pluto and Saturn)and the last kid will be Percy Jackson (son of Poseidon).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Son of Neptune.

03/27/2013 page 90
17.0% 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

message 101: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn We'll definitly be in for a wait, im soo excited, i just REALLY want to know who it is!

message 102: by Sarah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah cute kitties!!! :D

message 103: by Connor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Connor Hey Joyzi! Your review is killing my Goodreads app on my iPod Touch!

message 104: by Dustee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dustee 2. It is Percy
5. The 7 kids of the profecy will be Jason, Leo, Piper, Percy, Annabeth, and the 2 Roman demigods Percy will meet at the Roman Camp

message 105: by Jamie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamie Piper ftw :D Cannot wait for the book and new adventures . I cannot wait to meet the others . And Reyna ????

message 106: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait I'm reallyyy hoping that it isn't like Heroes of Olymups, where Percy's like what happened where am I? How did I end up here? And I'm a demigod with special powers and neptune's my dad? It woudl jsut bother me. I feel like we just went through that with Jason already, and Percy in the first book of his series. I would much rather it be wehre he's already realized this and Jason and Leo and Annabeth all come to the camp, or maybe the suddenly clash together in a battle or something and are like OMG THAT'S PERCY! Hahhahaa. I serioulsy don't want to have to go through the whol "discovery" again. I mean, I'm still going to read it, but it would just take out a little bit of it for me.

message 107: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Sorry about all the typos in there.

Frankie Don't worry I write typos all the time, even when I've checked what I've written (I'm suprized people can undersand what i've written some times).

I have a feeling that Percy isn't going to know who he is, and that the two camps won't meet up till the 3th book or the very end of this one.
Saying that I don't want that to happen, if he doesn't remenber who he is the story will feel to much like the first book, and I missed having percy around in the last book.

message 109: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Hahaha :)

And, I mean, I'm definitely excited to see Percy again, I love his wit and how he sees the world. But, like you said, I feel like we've gone through this with him. I'm going to want to rip my hair out of his head when he sees Annabeth and everyone and is like who are you and all that stuff. Ugh. hahaha

message 110: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait My hair out of my head not out of his head. Ugh sorry it's an issue haha

Frankie Hopefully he'll remenber them before he sees them, but them, and that even though he dosn't remenber who he is he'll still have his normal personality .

message 112: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Yeah. I love his personality :D he's sooo funny. He could be fighting a huge cyclops and be totally thinking of something else. And yeah, I'm still totally going to read it. Riordan has his claws hooked in me deep :)

Frankie Oh I'm defineatly reading it, there was never a question there. If only it could come out sooner, but then I'll problaly start complain that the book after isn't fast enoughing.

message 114: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Yup! And I looked on his website, he's releasing a book once a YEAR! I'm going to dieee!

message 115: by Connor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Connor Percy Jackson MAY be The Son of Neptune, but on the other hand it could be someone else! And then there's a third hand that I recently thought of: what if there's Percy and a brother of his in the Roman Camp, both having a role to play in the Second Great Prophecy!!!

Seven Half-Bloods shall answer the call, (So far: Jason Leo and Piper!)
To storm or fire the world must fall, (No idea what this line means yet!)
An oath to keep with a final breath, (Probably Chiron's oath about Jason!)
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. (Gaea's opened these Doors!)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

message 116: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait I knowwwwww!!!!! And I was told that Percy would play a bigger role, and didn't the two LEADERS of the camp get switched? And Jason was the ruler of the Roman camp and got switched, and so isn't Percy the leader of the Greek camp? I would be upset to go through the whole I dont know who I am thing again with him, but who knows, maybe Percy got lost along the way or something. I never know what Riordan is going to throw at me :)

message 117: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Joyz is tottally right I think the series will be three books long

message 118: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Hm, never thought of that! And, I checked out his website, and it says that there's going to be like five. And each is going to be released once a year. That's just what I saw.

message 119: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn So excited!

Katherine yes

Frankie Rick Riordan's Posted the First chapter on his website
From what I've read I difinetly think Percy is Neptune's son (yay!!). I won't say anymore cos I'll proprably give everything away

message 122: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn Frankie wrote: "Rick Riordan's Posted the First chapter on his website
From what I've read I difinetly think Percy is Neptune's son (yay!!). ..."

Oh my god, that just made my day!

Madeline the first chapter was already AMAZING!

message 124: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait I knowww! I'm geeking out a little here hahaha

Madeline me to!!! so exited!! :D

Frankie I'm not liking the cover that much the Medusa style gorgon things just look wrong some how.

message 127: by Cait (last edited Jun 07, 2011 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Yeah, his face kind of looks off....like his cheeks are all sunken in and his forehead looks huge. If he didn't look semi-creepy I would like the book cover more

Madeline what is he holding?

message 129: by Cait (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cait Some sort of staff that probably saves the world haha :P I think we'll probably figure out what it is after we get the book. Sigh :/

Frankie I was talking about the british cover. Never really understood the american ones or the british ones if I'm being honest.

But I think the things on the british cover are gorgons, but i'm only saying that because they were in the first chapter.

message 131: by Arwyn (last edited Jun 08, 2011 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn They could be anything really, i dont understand the differnt covers...

Claudia Well I'm thinking the four demigods of the prophecy left are Percy, Nico and two other Roman ones... Cause it's supposed to be the strongest demigods right? Nico is the son of Hades after all.. IDK I just can't wait for the next book!!

Madeline annabeth HAS TO be in there somewhere to... i hope anyway

message 134: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn Annabeth is so one of them and thats a good idea about Nico. I wonder who the others will be. Probably 2 kids from the Roman camp, but we wont know till the book comes out.

message 135: by Kizzy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kizzy Yah hes definitally the son of neptune in the book

message 136: by Kizzy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kizzy Hes definitally the son of neptune, no question about it

Melissa yeah, but the 7 of the proph. r probably: percy, annebeth, leo, piper, jason, and the 2 romans, frank and hazel

message 138: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn frank and hazel? who are they again?

Melissa the 2 roman demigods that quest with percy in son of neptune

message 140: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn Oh yeah, sorry, forgot, im tired... and how many books do you think will be in this series?

Frankie On the website it says there will be 5 books.

message 142: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn what about the Kane books, thats a different seris but still pretty good

Melissa probably 5 as well, I dunno

Frankie He only has three books down on the website (the next one coming out in spring 2012).

Are the Kane books any good, I heard the first one wasn't that great, or at least in comparison to the Percy Jackson novels.

Melissa the kane books are really good so far but the other 2 series are better according 2 most people because the kane books use egyptian as opposed 2 greek and roman mythology.

message 146: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn cool, what did you think of the first book, the lost hero

Melissa it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 148: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn haha, i agree! i already pre-ordered the 2nd book! SO EXCITED!

Melissa i did 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 150: by Arwyn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arwyn haha, omg, its coming out way to far away, i think they should magically start handing them out tomorrow!