Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Powers That Be

Powers That Be by Anne McCaffrey

Oct 20, 2010

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, read-in-2012
Read on January 13, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

The theme of this seems to be corporate ethics. We have a version of manifest destiny in space bumping up against non-scientific forces. The humans who believe the truth are unable to convince their superiors of the facts since known science seems to contradict their stories.

Instead of a government being in charge, it is the profit-seeking heartless corporate entity that is the Powers That Be of the title.

A great adventure story with a love story in the background.

Now I want to read more of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Powers That Be.

rivka I've only read the first trilogy, but it was definitely a fun read.

Mollie *scoutrmom* rivka wrote: "I've only read the first trilogy, but it was definitely a fun read."

I was unaware there were separate trilogies of this, now I have to research!

rivka There's this first trilogy, and the it looks like the follow-up series only went to two books. (I think three may have been the original plan.)

message 4: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Jan 20, 2012 08:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mollie *scoutrmom* rivka wrote: "There's this first trilogy, and the it looks like the follow-up series only went to two books. (I think three may have been the original plan.)"

There is one in the middle (I found it via paperbackswap.com) that Goodreads did not yet have connected, but I sent the link to a Goodreads librarian and that got corrected.
Maelstrom: Book Two of The Twins of Petaybee

rivka Right, that's the second book of the follow-up series.

Mollie *scoutrmom* rivka wrote: "Right, that's the second book of the follow-up series."
Thanks!