Amanda K's Reviews > Linger

Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: own-finished-copy, 2011-read-list, series, reviews-written, ya
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read from May 30 to June 03, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Also reviewed on my blog, the Vintage Bookworm. (http://www.vintagebookworm.blogspot.com)

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even know what to say! And how many times have you seen me say that on this blog? Ha ha. I just finished Linger about ten minutes ago. I cannot believe the ending! I want to scream! My mind cannot wrap around all of this. I really wish I had Forever in my hands right now. This is going to bug me until I finally do get to read it.

Maggie Stiefvater has done it again. Linger was amazing. Not as good as Shiver, but almost! Still five stars. The writing in this sequel was beautiful and lyrical just like the first, but has a little bit more of a darker edge.

And just like the first novel you are able to get in the heads of Sam and Grace, but they aren't the only ones this time around! You are able to get into Isabel's head and a new character, Cole. I enjoyed reading Isabel's point of view and Cole's, as well! I have loved Isabel from the beginning, she's among my favorite characters. At first I didn't like Cole very much, but I definitely do now! I was able to get to know him a lot throughout the book.

I can't wait for Forever! The ending left with a huge cliffhanger! VERY huge! I NEED to know what happens. I cried at the end for Sam and Grace. Fate is against them, but they aren't ready to give up! It's so tragic and beautiful and it leaves you breathless.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linger.

05/30/2011 page 187