Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: genre-urban-fantasy, books-i-own, vampires, ebooks
Read from October 28 to 30, 2010

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT SOME GIRLS BITE:

It’s flat out HILARIOUS! Each page is riddled with snarky remarks and laugh-out loud jokes.

The World – Neill takes a different approach to the whole vamp thing. The vamps are out in the public eye and belong to frat-like Houses. The politics involved in this is intricate and so interesting!

BFFS – Merit and Mallory. I just love it when there’s such a strong friendship between the heroine of the book and her side kick. Sure, having a love interest is important but the fact that Merit has Mallory at her side from the very beginning is great to see. The banter between the two is hilarious and reminds me of type of conversations that real BFFs have. Neill does a fantastic job with maintaining a strong sense of attachment between the two without having them rely on each other fulltime.

Catcher Bell – I’m loving my fourth grade sorcerer. Catcher is hot as hell. There are a bunch of great supportive characters in this book, but for me Catcher stands out from the rest. He seems to be the only one in the group who is a little more serious than the rest. Yeah, he drops the occasional sarcastic quip here and there, but he’s a by-the-book kind of guy. I’m dying to know more about him.

Ethan Sullivan – I mean, come on. Really? How can a girl not love Ethan? I just loved the sexual tension between Merit and Ethan. I’m on the edge of my seat whenever they are near each other. Definitely rooting for the two to seal the deal ;P.

WHAT I WISH THERE WAS MORE OF:

Ethan Sullivan –More please! I need a second serving of my sexy 400 year old vamp!

More action – I would have loved to see Merit engage in a little more action. She’s such a fierce heroine with undeniable skills, so I wish Neill showcased that a little bit more. Towards the end, we get a tiny taste of the kind of things Merit is capable of. But I wished there was more of that!

Some Girls Bite was such an enjoyable read. Though it’s not perfect, I’m interested to see how things play out in Friday Night Bites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.

10/28/2010 page 1
0.0% "just starting this!"
10/29/2010 page 130
38.0% "Not sure if it's because I'm experiecing withdrawl from reading PNR for months and then switching to this or it's just this book. But I'm still on the fence with this one."
show 1 hidden update…

valee This series i amazing, you just have to read it.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I've been looking for it in bookstores but they don't have it in stock! I'll have to purchase them online!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Alright! Just bought them online! I can't wait to read this series!

Megan Amazing and addicting. Very quick fun reads! Enjoy Ethan Sullivan!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hey Megan! I'm liking it so far. Ethan is drool-worthy, isn't he? ;)

valee lol you'll love Ethan. Smoking HOT!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I really like everyone in this series so far. But I think because I read PNR for months at a time, the shift in genre has me off.

Recuser Stick with them, there's more action than romance, but there is some romance and good snarky tension.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks, Recuser. I'm still going keep reading them. Looking forward to the action! :)

Mariya yes! keep reading! it gets better with every book. 8)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm really liking the sexual tension between Ethan and Merit! ;P

message 12: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Wait I thought this was about vampires??? PNR???
I will wait to see what you really think when you finish this book!!!

Stacey I highly recommend this series!! Its not so much PNR as it is UF with lots of sexual tension, kick*ss heroines, sexy vampires and one helluva hawt and sexy sorcerer and great mystery. Mariya is right, keep reading, each book gets better!!

message 14: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Ahhhhh, okay!

Kseniya Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sin Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ So far this book sounds great!!! I think I need to put it on my list :-)

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Great review Annie!!
I had this on my shelf but wasn't sure about reading it, but after your review I think I might actually give this a try :)

message 18: by Stacey (last edited Oct 31, 2010 07:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacey Very well put, Annie! After reading SGB I pretty much felt the same way. Love, love, love Catcher!!!! Team Catcher all the way!!!

Keep reading, I think you'll be happy with Friday Night Bites and Twice Bitten! :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Gokce and Stacey! I've got Friday Night Bites already and I can't wait to read it!

Catcher *sigh*

Stacey So, Annie, what are your thoughts on Morgan?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Haha. Morgan's a little bit of a manipulator, isn't he? With that whole courtship thing towards the end. He's a smart one.

I like him, Stacey. Though of course I'm rooting for Ethan and Merit. I'm really interested to see what happens next now that he's Master. That complicates things quite a bit, huh?

Stacey Yup, yup! Oh boy, can't wait to hear what you think of Friday Night Bites!!! LOL!!

Mariya so glad u liked it!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Mariya, it was great! Looking forward to Friday Night Bites now! :)

SATIN SUE    im gonna say dif from all of you..i think this book was ok but more could of been done t it.....my fav in the book has to be catcher....

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Same here, girl! Loved Catcher! He's my fave with his tongue flicking thing!

SATIN SUE    i kind of thought he was hot lol.....he reminded me a little of aeron out of lotu.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah? i can see that.

Did you read Friday Night Bites yet? I own it but haven't read it yet.

SATIN SUE    i havnt, i tryed to get it on tues but it wasnt in..so i might order it.....i just think they could of done alot more with this book then it would of been really good.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I hope it gets better!

SATIN SUE    fingers crossed

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah, this series as good, but not necessaly my faves. I enjoy more darker things. This was too happy to lucky !

SATIN SUE    what happens with merit does she end up with eithen or the other guy......im not really into eithan....
i think these were more for younger people i think...i like things with a bit more spice and action in them

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) He was okay. I read other books with more hotter and desirable guys than him.

Same here. But I'm pretty young myself I guess. I just didn't liket he writing too much. Too..simple?

SATIN SUE    well ill prob end up reading the others coss im a bit like that, iv got to keep reading the series even if it not to great.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'll finish it for sure. I have the books already so...might as well.

SATIN SUE    well im gonna order the next....how many books are there

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) In the Chicagoland vampire series? 3 books out now..and 1 coming out soon.

SATIN SUE    wow so a lot to catch up on....

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) But they're fairly short. I think. Def not encyclopedias LOL.

SATIN SUE    well iv got the next on order...so we'll see how it goes.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hope you enjoy them!! Let me know what you think after, ok? I'm curious.

SATIN SUE    i will do chick..

SATIN SUE    iv been looking at some of the other books you guys have been reading.....i really dont know where you find them lol.....there is some steamy ones....im def gonna look through your books and get some ordered..

Regina Loved this series, I am so glad there are 2 coming out next year. Catcher was by far my favorite, I just am not a huge fan of Ethan. I like my men a little rougher around the edges. :)

SATIN SUE    Regina wrote: "Loved this series, I am so glad there are 2 coming out next year. Catcher was by far my favorite, I just am not a huge fan of Ethan. I like my men a little rougher around the edges. :)"

regina me to, catcher was def my fav...i think he was far hotter then eithan...

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL That's what GR is for, Susie! Do you read erotica romance a lot?

UKSandy Can't wait to make a start on this series

« previous 1