Melissa's Reviews > Here Comes the Garbage Barge!

Here Comes the Garbage Barge! by Jonah Winter

2451978
Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: caldecott-11, nature, ocean, photography, picturebooks
Read in October, 2010

OK, a totally subjective, non-critical review...no I am not even trying to bring my professional eye to this!

I don't want to spend time with the illustrations, the models' faces give me the willies, the colors are dark and dank, and I don't particularly want to read a long story about a trash barge being harried down the coast by a dispatcher with a grating voice.

So please, let me know why this works for you; I'm genuinely curious!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here Comes the Garbage Barge!.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen A. (last edited Nov 18, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

Karen A. I tend to agree. Not my favorite and I wish it would have been a film short since it was produced by a studio. Surely Sesame Street would have shown it or the annual parade of shorts for the Oscars but as a book the little dioramas give me the creeps as well. I do like the story and at times it can be interesting. But it is hard to get past the strange little figures. However I can have a hard time veiwing Thomas the Train sometimes and some of the lighting and fake sky in this book is reminiscent of the whole Model Train world. It very well could be a personal thing!