Lauren (84Lauren)'s Reviews > A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain

Oct 25, 10

Read from October 20 to 25, 2010

I really wanted to go with 3.5 stars on this one, but ultimately I decided to round down instead of up. Mark Twain is more of a genious than I gave him credit for based on the only other two books I've read of his (Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn). This book was clever, and hilarious at times - but also had a definite dark streak. The political commentary was kind of blatant in a few places, and subtle and ironic at others. The only complaint I really had were some plotline holes - just because the point of the book is the reflection on present-day society, doesn't mean you can just ignore the plot. Most of it was fine, but sometimes it would jump around and end abruptly with no rhyme or reason. And the end was confusing... since this is a spoiler-free post, I'll leave it at that.

Overall, a good read that I would recommend to anyone - it will definitely give you a different view of the Mark Twain you remember from reading Tom Sawyer in 5th grade!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.