LynnMarie's Reviews > Rock Me

Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn

Oct 20, 2010

Clare C’s Review

Rock Me bucks the current trend of novels where the heroine finds happiness by submitting to her alpha-male love interest. Brian is every bit the alpha male. He is a smart, sexy rebel who is able to maintain his prowess while respecting Candace’s feelings and needs. I’ve missed this kind of hero. He fits the bill as being every bit the dream man, yet Candace doesn’t have to compromise her needs/wants in order to ‘earn’ happiness.

Both characters struggle with issues left over from their childhood. Brian is the black sheep in his family, though the angst there seems to be mostly in Brian’s head. Candace has spent her life sheltered and controlled by her parents. As they fall deeper in love, their families and childhood demons come back to sabotage things.

One of the best things about this story, aside from the great writing style, is the way Ms. Lynn took the time to develop the characters and their relationship. We get to know them. We get to fall for them. We get to be angry and impatient with them. Stories that suck us in and make us have emotional reactions to the characters and their decisions are my favorite kinds. Cherrie Lynn’s style and her expert use of voice draw you in and her great story keeps you there.

4 Tea Cups!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Me.