Stacy's Reviews > The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Oct 24, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit, nyc
Read from October 20 to 23, 2010

You know, as much fun as it would be to be a pretentious book snob and pretend I didn't like this book, I actually did in spite of myself. Yes, it's similar to other "women's club" books, and yes, the author does have a tendency to use short incomplete sentences. Maybe some of the characters are a little thinly drawn.

But what I liked about it was how cozy and comfortable the book was, like wrapping yourself up in a knitted afghan. It was an easy, relaxing read, and ideal for the rainy, cool days on which I curled up with it. It helped get me motivated to learn how to knit, one of my longstanding goals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friday Night Knitting Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle I just finished reading this, and I couldn't get into the warm, fuzzy feeling. The shallow characters and bad writing were too much of a distraction for me. If I hadn't been listening to it on CD (I have much lower standards when it comes to audiobooks, since I'm never devoting my full attention to them) I would have stopped reading it. It also did not give me the desire to knit (especially with all the talk of how expensive the nice yarn is) but I wish you the best with that.