Mike Puma's Reviews > Maus, I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History

Maus, I by Art Spiegelman
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maus, I.

Maciek Whoa, you read comic books?

Mike Puma I once edited a teachers guide for these two graphic novels. The guide was done by an extremely bright fellow who focused on the interaction between the artwork and the text/story, and I have to admit, what he saw--that I hadn't seen--was humbling. I'll also admit one other thing: I'd forgotten that I'd read these two books until scanning your list and asking myself "ok, what does this guy like besides Stephen King? LOL, I guess I'm busted.

Maciek I once read an interview with an university professor (can't remember the name) who was shocked that the lecturers discuss batman comics at his alma mater. I mean, how do they dare? LOL.

Mike Puma There's a place for Popular Culture in the universities--after all, those students attenting uni on sports scholarships have to major in something.

Maciek I think most of them abandons education and takes up a career in sports, ending up earning lots of money and sleeping with a different woman every hour. A sad life, indeed.

Mike Puma It's even worse than that--they look better in shorts than I do (sad indeed).