Angela's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Feb 21, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, mystery-suspence, ya, library-book
Read in February, 2011

I'm going to make this review short and sweet because frankly I was not fond of this book and I don't really like writing negative reviews. Let's talk cons:

1. The story dragged. As in, for most of the book I just kept wishing something would happen and by the time it started to "happen" I just didn't care.
2. The characters were completely one dimensional. They did not pop out of the page and make me care about them whatsoever.
3. The way the book was written often caused me to disconnect with the story.
4. The back story was over produced and trying to hard.
5. Plain and simple, this book just lacked magic in my humble opinion.

Now I will attempt some pros:

The premise was interesting.

That's about all I got.

If you are into Sci-Fi (which I am) I say pass on this novel and maybe rent the movie when it comes out on DVD so that you can see the actor who is rumored to be playing Jace in the City of Bones movie. Now... I'm going in search of an Aleve and a book that will wipe my brain clean of this nonsense.

cutie over and out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen Aw Boooo. That makes me a sad panda:( I was thinking about reading the book before seeing the movie. Because let's face it the movie looks full of awesome. Thanx for the ends up. It always sux to write a bad review but you have helped me avoid a headache. For that I thank you!

Angela To be fair, Danny enjoyed reading this book. So who knows, maybe I was just in a mood. Or maybe it just not the book for me. Or maybe it really does suck the big one! lulz.

I definitely still want to see the movie, I'm just not going to drag my mister out to see it. I already requested it on Netflix. =)

Writing bad reviews is a terrible thing. Why can't all books be amazing and wonderful! They truly should be. ;)

message 3: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen I agree. I hate having to write a bad review but someitmes you just don't have much of a choice. However there are some reviews out there that are down right mean.
For me, reading one of those, is even worse than reading a bad book. I have learned that when a book gets a nasty review to try and give it a shot and everytime it ends up being a book that I heart.
A well written bad review, like yours, is a helpful one. But the people who basically just bully the author, and use all but cuss words, is so irritating. I wish these people would realize how mean they are. They need to realize that to an author, a book is like a child. You can tell someone that thier child is struggling and needs improvement, but you cannot tell someone their child/book is a worthless piece of crap!

Sry I just had to get that out. *takes a cleansing breath*
lolz