Anila's Reviews > Bloodthirsty

Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney

Oct 26, 10

bookshelves: reviewed, galleys-are-win, save-me-from-the-tropes
Read in October, 2010

1. It was not as funny as it should have been. I love the premise, and there's great potential for humour, but it just wasn't there.
2. I felt like there were three stories here that all happened to have the same main character: The one about the guy pretending to be a vampire, the one about the guy getting to know a girl he likes and then discovering a secret, and the one about two brothers reconnecting and learning about each other. None of those stories were developed as well as they should have been.
3. Finbar is an idiot. Just throwing that out there. He continues to try and act like a vampire even when out on a date with Kate, who he's never given any reason to believe he's a vampire... yeah, what? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
4. I did not need to know what he does in the shower every morning. I mean... YUCK. And the librarian thing? From WHAT age? Double triplequadrupleYUCKYUCKYUCK.
5. If all males are like this, I will live single happily for the rest of my life. That was a trip into the land of dis-gus-ting.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go scrub the slime of Finbar's mind from my hands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodthirsty.

10/24/2010 page 72
30.0% "Dear book: You are supposed to be awesome and uproariously funny.
SO GET EFFING FUNNY ALREADY."