Taylor Dieck's Reviews > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

U_50x66
Jan 16, 08

Recommended for: everyone
Read in March, 2005

When I first started reading this book I knew it was old. But because my sister told me there was a special meaning or plot i continued to read. I choose this for my book review because this book makes me smile and a ten year old to a 40 year old could still read. The pages are shorter but the meaning is still there. This book is about a Lion who is a king named Aslan, and four children names Lucy, Elithabeth, Edwin and Peter. Lucy the youngest, then Edward following Elithabeth and Peter. The story starts out as the children are playing hide and seek and slipp into the wardrobe, not knowing they are soon entering the Land Of Narnia, ruled by the evil white whitch. What they didn't know was Edwin would soon betray them and help the white whitch take over Narnia and make it winter all year long.

As Edwin finally figures out the true intentions of the Whitch. He goes back to his family who are fighting a war with Aslan against the White Whitch. After the War is fought Aslan and the true animals win. And the Children become kings and queens of Narnia. Many years after they find there way back to the wadrobe, to find only minutes have passed between Narnia and the real world. I didn't understand the meaning of this book intill the end of this book. This book is about God! and the White Whitch is the Devil. After talking to my sister about this she said you didn't figure this out earlier C.S. Lewis is a big relgious writer. I find Irony in this because When the White Whitch thinks that by Killing Aslan she is going to win, It actually brings him back stronger then ever to win the war. I find tolerance in this book because Aslan is so calm with the Whitch and the evil creatures and never shows hatred but understanding through all of it. This book was so good, i reccomend this to anyone who love a good adventure and a good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms.Whitehead (new)

Ms.Whitehead You got it, Taylor - this book is a religious allegory! Congratulations on figuring that out. I'm glad you liked it. Maybe you'd be interested in reading some more of the series?

Abigail You may have worked out it was religious allegory, but you failed to work out that the children are called Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, not Peter, Elithabeth, Edwin and Lucy.

Sandra Yes, I have to agree!
It is Susan!