Joey Pinkney's Reviews > Scattered Lies 2 " Lessons Can't Be Learned When Lies Prevail"

Scattered Lies 2 " Lessons Can't Be Learned When Lies Prevail" by Madison

Nov 28, 10

Read from October 19 to November 24, 2010

Madison’s Scattered Lies II picks up right where the first installment ended, yet loses no time in immersing us once again in a world of lies, lusts and games of wits. I have to admit, I knew I was going to give Scattered Lies II a five-star rating before I finished the first chapter because I was hooked by its fluidity from the start.

Madison captured my imagination with her way of presenting the traditional characters, violence and settings that makes Urban Lit exciting by injecting intelligence and realism. Madison exudes intelligence in her word choice. Her plot twists will undoubtedly keep any thinking reader’s attention. If this book was a person, I’d say Scattered Lies II possessed equal parts book sense and street knowledge.

Each chapter digs deeper into the lives of a splintered crime family as they make sense of twisted world of order and chaos. Madison is a deceptive author. The amount of time she put into researching and polishing this book would make the average reader think that this book was easy to pull off. It had to be anything but.

The diversity of lifestyles and social strata contained in this book is not standard fare. Madison makes the disparate cohesive. Where else can you get legal jargon, real estate concepts, high fashion, guns with the serial numbers scratched off, unique alcoholic beverages, methods of killing without getting caught, nasty sex, media training and high school angst? In the same book? Three words: Scattered Lies II.

(Read the rest of the review at: http://h1t.it/hy2Cbp)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scattered Lies 2 " Lessons Can't Be Learned When Lies Prevail".

10/19/2010 page 63