Sara's Reviews > Instant Temptation

Instant Temptation by Jill Shalvis

Oct 19, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This has probably been one of top Jill Shalvis books that I've enjoyed in a while.
Yes, I am a typical American sucker who likes the story of the underdog who finally achieves all that they can. Harley, a mechanic working her ass off to put herself through school and to pay for everything her family needs is just that. Someone who no matter how hard she tries does not get the one thing, or person, that she really wants. Until now.
I loved the fact that Harley was this really active woman who knew how to do all these athletic things and take car of cars and other motor vehicles. I always love strong female characters who can handle themselves around men... none of that helpless female crap.
& making T.J. work to get her is something to be admired.
No one should just roll over when the one person they've been dreaming of having finally notices them.
But i didn't like the fact that the book ended without a clear description of what T.J actually stands for... stuff like that really bothers me.
& another thing that didn't make sense is the fact that Harley was so willing to forgive T.J. for not realizing who he was having sex with that first time they did it. Personally, I would have liked to smack that guy upside the head for doing something so stupid.
But whatever, not everyone is as confrontational as I am.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Instant Temptation.

10/19/2010 page 37