Sarah's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Feb 06, 11

bookshelves: favorites, hilarious, tear-jerker
Read in February, 2010

Excerpt: "You should have seen your face," she said, her breath hot in my ear. "Sa-woooon."

I think this was the first book I read of Sarah Dessen and that made me love her forever. Enough said.
25 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Sarah Dessen
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

Sarah Dessen
“It's all in the view. That's what I mean about forever, too. For any one of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count.”

Sarah Dessen
“If this was my forever, I wouldn't want to spend it here. ”

Sarah Dessen
“It's just that...I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is.”

Sarah Dessen
“But I'd long ago learned not to be picky in farewells. They weren't guaranteed or promised.
You were lucky, more than blessed, if you got a good-bye at all.”

Sarah Dessen
“But that was the problem with having the answers. It was only after you gave them that you realized they sometimes weren't what people wanted to hear.”
tags: life

Sarah Dessen
“That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it's reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking.”

“Sawooon”

Sarah Dessen
“What you have to decide... is how you want your life to be. If your forever was ending tomorrow, would this be how you'd want to have spent it? Listen, the truth is, nothing is guaranteed. You know that more than anybody. So dont be afraid. Be alive.”

Sarah Dessen
“the truth about forever is that it is happening right now”

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 10: by K.D. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K.D. Absolutely Nice excerpt!

Joyzi Aaaaaaaaw syet I love that one tooo! Saaaaa-woooonnnnn!

Sarah There were many lines that I loved. But this one stayed! :)

K.D. Absolutely So, this must be a good book!

Sarah Yes!

Sarah BTW thanks for the likes! :D

Wendy Darling So...you were totally right. :)

K.D. Absolutely Ur welcome, Sarah. Keep on reading and writing reviews. I always look forward to yours! :)

Arushi YES, THAT PART. YES SARAH, YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT! Why am I shouting?

Sarah Wendy Darling wrote: "So...you were totally right. :)"

You've read it? YES! :D