Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Awaken Me Darkly

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: buddy-or-group-read, paranormal-fix, fat-kitty-judges-you, dafuq-did-i-just-read, is-it-just-me-goddammit, kill-it-with-fire, reviewed-2011, wtf-am-i-doing, lust-at-first-sight, cheesetacular, romance-space, facepalm
Recommended to Anzu by: my evil twin sister
Recommended for: PNR fans or something
Read from September 29 to October 01, 2011, read count: 1

Hmmmmmm look at what I’m reading… Ignore the stupid title and clichéd series name. And the perverted cover. Geez there are lots of things that would make a person avoid reading this. I’m not sure why I picked it. Oh wait.

Muahahaha I couldn’t help myself!

Well well… What can I say about this Awaken Me Darkly? It’s mostly typical UF to my entire disappointment. I like a good UF as any cool and important person but my dear Huntress of Aliens is not the most special kid in class. The story is mediocre BUT, and that’s a big butt, I’m fascinated by Gena’s writing style and Mia’s badass level. She’s a pro I tell you. Plus the white haired hottie is a bonus. Guess my sci-fi mood will shift into painting sci-fi guys with white hair and violet eyes. Gah I’m so predictable!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!

...

Before you poke my eyes out with a spork I know this is NOT UF. Heh, actually…. Funny story there. Let me tell you how I got to think this is f*cking UF… And how I found out it isn’t…

So that’s my story… Pretty gruesome huh? ….. What I would give for a machinegun right now…

Aaanywhore, I’ve been judging the book as an UF and since the misunderstanding raped my mind I’ll take a star from its score. Because I’m cruel, that’s why!

Mrs. Showalter, I wanted less of this

And more of this

So I would appreciate if you make the future books cooler.

Peace out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken Me Darkly.

09/29/2011
6.0% "Not the most brilliant start but ok so far"
09/30/2011
13.0% "*gasps* I think I saw the hottie!" 10 comments
10/01/2011
91.0% "Not bad. I guess I'm finishing it today" 9 comments
10/01/2011
100.0% "RCS"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dija (new)

Dija Looking forward to what you think of it, since it seems both interesting and cliched from the synopsis and I'm not sure I wanna read it. XD

Anzu The Great Destroyer I also wasn't sure but I'm having an alien sci-fi something mood so I said what the hell. It seems great btw. Gena Showalter's writing style is awesome :D

message 3: by Dija (new)

Dija I haven't read anything of hers, so I can't say anything about her style, but if you happen to enjoy it, I might look into it in the future. :)

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'm done with it and it was mediocre. I'm going to read book two in order to see if the story picks up or not :p

message 5: by Dija (new)

Dija I'm still not motivated about starting this book, so I'll be waiting for what you think of the second one before seriously considering reading this one. :D

Aly is so frigging bored I wanna read the review :D

Anzu The Great Destroyer Well I just finished it so I'll probably post it in a few minutes :p

message 8: by Dija (new)

Dija LOL, OMG, this review is PRICELESS! I'm still recovering from that last image. XD

Aly is so frigging bored Oh GOD =))))))))))))

message 10: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer O.O It was cruel!!! It broke my dreams!!! :((((

Aly is so frigging bored :)) I think from book 3 it's 3rd person narrative :D that way you'll not get ideas :D

message 12: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yeah? She finally got the picture right? :)))

message 14: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Not mean :D but it gets confusing and it bothers me :D

message 15: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. I haven't read this, but I do like LOTU.
Regardless it's funny when you hate a book. You once responded to my comment with "well I don't hate it that bad." Lofl. And Aly is your opposite. It makes me smile!

message 16: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Ok, I fixed the image size problem. I hate Goodreads for doing this to me..

Uhm... It's cheesy and I hate cheesy books :/ I was looking for something interesting and this is NOT interesting :p Yeah Aly is all pink and flowery and nice and I'm black and mean.

THAT MEANS I CAN BE HIDING IN YOUR CLOSET AND NIGHT AND YOU CAN'T SEE ME BECAUSE I'M BLACK muahahahahaha

Sorry I couldn't help myself from making the joke :p

message 17: by Flail (new)

Flail Around zomg I laughed for like a good 5 minutes over the first part of your review. That guy's hair from Ancient Aliens always makes me crack up so much.. and I just wasn't expecting it on GR and wow. Ok. Now I'm babbling. Great review!

message 18: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer The Aliens Guy is amazing. I've been dying to use him in one of my reviews >:p

message 19: by Brittany B. (last edited Jul 01, 2012 10:27AM) (new)

Brittany B. Holy shit. Sorry, I'm cursing. I was reading the latest comments and went up to see the pictures at the end. I guess they didn't load when I first read this review.
That sh*t is funny as hell! The star wars pic is absolutely priceless. And I would LOVE it if you were in my closet tonight.

So I'm curious how you feel about smexy books. I don't think you like super steamy books. Am I wrong?
I think Aly and I are more perverted in our reading... So she's not all flowers and sunshine... :) and youre not mean, you're funny.

Aly is so frigging bored She is mean in a funny way :))

This summer I am reading eroticas, all kind :d kinky, pnr, menage, u name it!

message 21: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. Aly (Lothaire) Daciano wrote: "She is mean in a funny way :))

This summer I am reading eroticas, all kind :d kinky, pnr, menage, u name it!"

Hell yes Aly! I'm on board.

Aly is so frigging bored Wanna experiment with me?

message 23: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. Yes. I already have a list... :)

Aly is so frigging bored Is it one of your shelvs? If not PM me with it :d

message 25: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. I will pm you.

message 26: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Aly you need to get laid.

It's not that I don't like these books. They bore me :/ They are repetitive and idiotic :p

I'd rather live the sex than read it :>

Aly is so frigging bored Beggars can't be choosers love. And unfortunately I have standards :D they aren't met with the current make population I know so,... no chance in hell it happening anytime soon :D

message 28: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. Well I am engaged, no issues with getting laid. Maybe I'm depraved.. :)

Aly is so frigging bored You tell her Brittany :))

message 30: by Brittany B. (last edited Jul 04, 2012 01:38AM) (new)

Brittany B. I like reading sex and having it. But I wasn't always that into smexy books. Pleasure Unbound was the changing point... GR friends talked me into reading it. It was so decadently sexy AND so damn good. I have been chasing the depraved dragon ever since!

message 31: by Anzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Well after having both sides of the plate I decided that one of them isn't good enough anymore :>