Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Born of Ice

Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sep 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fat-kitty-judges-you, d-oh, reviewed-2011, cheesetacular, romance-space, forever-alone
Recommended for: fans of the author or something
Read from September 24 to 25, 2011 , read count: 1

Sci-fi mood sci-fi mood *dances*

But… it still wasn’t what I wanted. Dammit it’s difficult to find a good sci-fi romance full of action, adventure, drama and emotional moments and less on thoughts about how hot the dude you’re drooling is. Yes Alix, that’s you.
“You want me to reset the machine?”
No. I want to ride you until you’re begging me for mercy. Clearing her throat, she tried to shove that image out of her mind.
“That would be great. Thanks.”
And strip off the rest of your clothes while you’re doing that.

Anyways, I still loved the crew and I want to be a part of it and live on the ship and be a cool copilot and go to dangerous missions and have an exciting life while visiting different planets. Ugh I so hate my life right now...

I liked Devyn and his whole multiple personality disorder. That’s what his attitude meant to me. He’s a good guy in a second and then the next he turns psycho and kills ten guys with only a fork. Yep, he’s that good. Now I may be sick but two faced people fascinate me. They offer variety so you don’t get bored easily. Plus, as all of SK’s characters, he’s a hot motha so of course all the ladies are drooling over him. But that’s not important. He’s just too perfect perky and shiny. I mean yeah he had a normal life, he’s a mamma’s boy (wtf?? So not cool!) and got raised in a very good environment. I’m surprised he didn’t end up a pansy after all this pampering. Cruel but the cool heroes have childhood issues. And psychopaths also but let’s not ruin the fun.

Alix is... strange? At first I thought she’s sweet and felt bad for her childhood issues but she didn’t make a good heroine. I didn’t feel a connection to her nor Devyn, while I’m at it. They lacked chemistry and their “feelings” (love especially) didn’t seem genuine. But that doesn’t mean that they weren’t fun together. Nothing too fancy.

Aaaaaaaand Nero ♥ he’s my boy-toy in this series!

Well *sighs* I wanted more action and a better story. I have to admit that this is the typical thing you find these days in romance novels. Guy meets girl, love/lust whatever at first sight, girl has to screw guy over to save family from death, guy finds out but forgives her, guy and girl join forces to battle the boogeyman. Is it just me or does this book resemble the majority of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s stories? Or maybe just The League series? I have nooo idea but it’s still a fun book to read.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born of Ice.

09/25/2011
72.0% "Fun!" 2 comments
09/25/2011
100.0% "Review coming tomorrow (hopefully)"

message 1: by Dija (last edited Sep 26, 2011 08:23AM) (new)

Dija That last paragraph is probably why I'm loving the Wynette, Texas series so much. It's so different from what I was expecting and the typical romance these days! :D

Anzu The Great Destroyer One of the main reasons why i love SEP is that I can't foretell the outcome of her stories. I mean details, not the typical happy ending :p

Aly is so frigging bored I still love Sherri :D Btw you'll like the next more, it has loads of action :D

message 4: by Dija (new)

Dija @Anzu: I feel the same way! I can never figure out what's going to happen with the hero and heroine, and that's definitely one of the best things about reading her novels.

Anzu The Great Destroyer @Aly: That's great then :D This series does have potential :D

@Dee: I'm so obsessing over this woman :)))

Khanh (the Grinch) Oh my god, that graph.

Anzu The Great Destroyer :D