Tintin's Reviews > Four to Score

Four to Score by Janet Evanovich

Oct 19, 10

bookshelves: ebook
Read in October, 2010

Just when I thought nothing can top the last Plum book I read for entertainment value, I read the 4th installment and find myself clutching my desk, doubled over in laughter. As usual the appeal of the main 'case' is secondary to the appeal of the cast of characters, which shine even more brilliantly this time around than I remember. There's a new and interesting addition to Stephanie's motley crew: the cross-dressing rock star straight transvestite Sally, the code breaker. Sally gives off comedy from fresh directions and is a welcome addition to the bounty hunting game.

The main appeal of this volume, though, is the culmination of the sexual tension brewing between Stephanie and Joe Morelli for 3 books running. It's sexy, it's funny, it's satisfying, it makes you yearn for more (if you're a Stephanie-Morelli shipper, that is). I like anything with Morelli in it, and a sexy, horny Morelli is icing and cherry on the cake. What's great about it is that the flawed characters still act as themselves despite this intimate development, which actually results into *more* tension between Stephanie and Morelli. Oh, yum.

Laughs also come from new quarters such as Grandma Bella's prophecies and the epic Evil Eye.

Aside from this, I actually started feeling for Stephanie for the first time. She lives a shitty, loser life, she breaks down from the trauma, and she's honest about it to Morelli. Morelli gave her an emotional anchor.

Another 5 stars to Janet Evanovich for the sheer pleasure of reading.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four to Score.