jD's Reviews > When Wicked Craves

When Wicked Craves by J.K. Beck

Mar 18, 11

bookshelves: series_paranormal, magic_wide-range

Although it took me a week to read this, I did actully enjoy it as much as the first book. I was glad there was no cliffhanger. The book has a nice clean wrap. Petra, our heroine, has a curse that keeps her separate from others because physical contact will turn others into blood thirsty monsters. In the previous book, she turned Serg, a vamp, into a nasty out of control beast. To save Serg, his friend, Nick (our hero)goes on the lamb with Petra in search of a cure for the curse she carries. It is his hope that by finding a cure he will free Serg. The story starts with Nick having to break her out of Alliance custody where she is scheduled for execution for being too dangerous to live. We go from there down several twist, turns, deadends, rabbit holes, and a prophecy. It's all for the good because it gives the love story a foundation. Let's face it - sometimes we need for folk to actually talk to one another before going horizontal. With that said, I went into it expecting there would not be much sex because Petra could not have skin-to-skin contact. Ms. Beck is not one to punish her adult smut loving readers by having a sexless book, so yeah, there is some action just not much. It's a touching and hot scene all in one.

This book can stand alone but I would not recommend it. The story truly picks up at the end of the last one. To understand what happened to Serg, you have to read the previous book. Book one is the best for me so far but this one establishes that Ms. Beck is not a one trick pony. The last hundred pages were nail bitters. I'm a fan of the series for sure.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Wicked Craves.

03/18/2011 page 279
70.0% "I got a bad feeling this is going to be a cliffhanger and I am not going to be happy."

message 1: by jD (new) - rated it 4 stars

jD I have read the first two books in this series and have wanted to get to this one but have not had time. So once again I am doing a 'buddy' read and am off my schedule but I expect I won't mind a bit.