Lynsey A's Reviews > Burning Up

Burning Up by Susan Andersen

Oct 18, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, library-book, 2010-reads
Read from October 15 to 17, 2010

After several not so entertaining books from Susan Andersen I really enjoyed this book. There was humor, heartache and some hot luvin in this book.

Macy O'James heads back to her small hometown of Sugarville to help her cousin Janna who is recovering from an accident. She was the bad girl (who of course, wasn't really as bad as the town painted her) who left town and who many people hated. She comes back to town with her armor on after making a success of herself in music videos in LA. However, that doesn't stop her from still feeling as if she is still that same young teenage girl. She uses costumes as armor against the small mindedness of this little town.

Gabriel is the new fire chief in this small town. He moved from Detroit to have a quieter life. He doesn't want to be with someone who seems as wild as Macy since she reminds him of his mother, who abandoned him when he was 14. However, he can't resist her charm. At the beginning he's a bit of an ass to her but he definitely gets better.

I loved seeing those who treated her like crap get their own in this book. I'm a real lover of those type of revenge stories. They deserved the come-uppance. It seemed a bit cheesy but still satisfying.

Oh, there is also another little side love story in this book and it was super sweet.

I was pleased to read this new release from Susan Andersen. I hope she continues with this streak for her next release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Up.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Great review Lynsay! This sounds good.

Lynsey A Thanks, Melissa! It was really good. I was pleasantly surprised while reading it. I've been disappointed in her last few releases so this was a welcome change! I hope you like it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This sounds interesting, Lynsey. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lynsey A No problem, Danielle! Have you ever read anything by Susan Andersen before? This is a good one to start with, I think. I really enjoyed this book.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I've only read Baby, I'm Yours. I have had Exposure in my tbr pile for years!

Lynsey A Baby, I'm Yours was pretty decent. It was one of the first books of hers I read. Exposure is one of my absolute favorites of hers! The little daughter, Gracie in the story is adorable. You know me. I love the little kids in stories. =) You should definitely read Exposure when you have a chance. I love it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I must pull Exposure off the shelf. I'll make a point of it early next year for sure.

Lynsey A Oh, definitely do that. I'll be interested to read what you think of it. I loved it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'll definitely post a review. I am intrigued by the scarred, hook-using hero!

Lynsey A Awesome! Yeah. that was interesting

message 11: by Keri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Keri Oh I loved Elvis in Exposure. I bought that book when it first came out and reread it at least once a year.

Lynsey A I love Elvis, too, Keri! Exposure is my favorite Susan Andersen book for sure! I think I'm going to have to read it again soon!