Harmony's Reviews > You Can't Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded): Strategies for Bringing Out the Best in Your Strong-Willed Child

You Can't Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded) by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias

F_50x66
Oct 18, 10

I gave this book a low rating not because I disagreed with her strategies of dealing with strong willed children. I just felt that she lacked original ideas. She constantly quoted Dobson, author of "The Strong-Willed Child" and Cline and Fay, authors of "Parenting with Love and Logic." Instead of reading a summary of their works, I would have rather just read the originals instead! Instead of a lot of anecdotes, I prefer to learn with direct instructions. There wasn't as much instruction as I like in these types of books. The few examples she gave, however, were good. I liked when she would give examples of using "thinking words" instead of "fighting words" to really illustrate her point... oh wait, I do believe that was one of the times she just stole ideas from another author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can't Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded).