Sara ♥'s Reviews > The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Jan 07, 2015

bookshelves: 2011, action-adventure, audiobook, challenge-winter-2010, fantasy, humor, suspense, young-adult, 2012, mythology, 2014
Read from October 11 to 14, 2014 , read count: 4

October 11-14, 2014

The last book just came out so I'm doing an epic listen-through! YAY!

Glad I decided to listen to the whole series instead of skipping the first two! There was a lot I didn't remember! I still really love Leo. He's totally the type of guy I'd go for! :)

October 26-31, 2012

LOVE this book! Jason and Piper are so super awesome! And I LOVE Leo!!!! I hope he gets a girl in the end!

November 6-9, 2011

Another quick listen. I really really liked the new characters in this book, and I enjoyed seeing Percy Jackson's world again, even if he wasn't in this one. :( But Jason was AWESOME, and Piper was GREAT! I was a bit afraid that Leo would be Jar Jar Binks-ish, but he totally grows on you, and quickly. I still thought the narrator's voice for Annabeth was strange, but whatevs. I'm over it.

Overall, a really great start/continuation of the series! Now... on to the next one...

February 15-18, 2011

I think it says something that this audiobook was 17 hours long and I finished it in 3 days, two of which I was working... I wasn't the BIGGEST fan of the narrator. I didn't think his voices were right for many of the characters, especially the girls. (His voice for Annabeth, especially was really stilted and formal... It was weird.) But the story? Rick Riordan is pretty awesome! He knew we all wanted more Percy Jackson, and this was the PERFECT way of getting it without Riordan just writing endless PJ sequels.

I really like Percy, but I really really really like Jason, too. And not just because my husband's name is Jason, either! I thought he was a great great character! Piper was AWESOME, too! I was a little worried when I found out she was a daughter of Aphrodite (*eyebrow raise*), and she was not terribly confident at the beginning, but through the course of the book, she gets over that and turns out to have some pretty cool demigod powers. And Leo? Obviously the comic relief, but I instantly warmed to him. I mean, Hephaestus? The ugly one? But Leo's powers rocked! I was like, "Can I be a child of Hephaestus?" :)

Anyway, cool cool book. Terribly cliffhangery ending. Can't wait until the next book in the trilogy!! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hero.

02/15/2011 page 2
10/12/2014 marked as: currently-reading
10/14/2014 marked as: read
show 15 hidden updates…

message 1: by Keri ♠ (new) - added it

Keri ♠ I only started listening to this book today and managed to get through the first disc. I totally agree with you on the narrator. I will most likely read my hardback copy rather than listen to any more.

Now if you like Riordan's writing and don't mind a story involving Egyptians and magic, I have to say that the two narrators for The Red Pyramid (brother and sister characters) are wonderful and so much better than the Lost Hero narrator.

Sara ♥ Yes, I've listened to The Red Pyramid as well! I liked the narrators better, but the storyline wasn't as intriguing for me. I guess I just like Greek/Roman mythology better than Egyptian!

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I need to read this series! You need to read Divergent! Sooooo good!

message 4: by Sara ♥ (last edited Nov 12, 2011 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara ♥ Gotta read the Percy Jackson series first. This one is like a sequel series to that one. Start with The Lightning Thief. AWESOME!

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa YES! I'll read The Lightening Thief then. :)