Laura's Reviews > The Kiss Test

bookshelves: netgalley, ebook, romance-contemporary, 2010
Read from October 16 to 19, 2010

3 stars

POV: 1st person, Margo
Sensuality: Warm/Hot (lots of talk, one descriptive encounter)

Margo thinks her life is perfect. She has the perfect job as a morning DJ at a country radio station, the perfect boyfriend who doesn't ask for too much from her, and the perfect best friend. Her best friend, Chris, has been her BFF since she was 10. He's a ladies' man and administers "The Kiss Test" to women all the time and never lacks for a bedmate.
Then Margo's life starts to fall apart. She loses her job and her boyfriend and her job in the same week. Plus, her mother is getting married for the 11th time! She gets guilted into going to the wedding, but only goes if Chris will drive her cross-country on an Elvis-themed trip.

I'm not a big fan of 1st person stories because you lose out on the other side of the story. That is very true in this book. Margo is the only point of view the reader gets and it adds to the mystery of the romance, but it also leaves Chris a little cold. If the story were written with his point of view as well, the book would have been completely different and maybe a better story. Chris did some completely asinine things that made no sense even with the ending. I would have liked more insight into his psyche to like him more.

Overall, an interesting story of best friends finding more and someone coming to terms with their past and fear of commitment. If you don't like 1st person, I would avoid this story, though.

*I received this book from the publisher via Netgalley.com*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kiss Test.